|Almighty Tallest (Red and Purple)|
|Assignment||To rule the Irken Empire|
|Gender||Male (current rulers, MIA)|
Any gender (previous and future rulers)
|Eye Color||Red and Purple (current rulers, MIA)|
|First appearance||The Nightmare Begins|
The Irken Empire has a hierarchical class structure in which shorter individuals are both figuratively and literally looked down upon. The tallest Irken alive at the time in a specific generation takes command of the entirety of the Empire.
In such a case, which is likely rare, the two may or may not take responsibility for different aspects of the Empire, something that may be alluded to by the general attitudes of Red and Purple, with Red being more outspoken, active, and generally "in-charge", and Purple generally paying more attention to eloquence, social situations, and creature comforts such as food or drink.
There's no known official enthronement ceremony for the Almighty Tallest, however, and the only confirmed ceremony's that in which the thumbs of the recently ascended Tallest are amputated (though it has been implied that the current Tallest have forgone this by simply hiding their thumbs inside their massive gauntlets. 
The Irken race as a whole almost fanatically refers to their leaders as "My Tallest", highly akin to the way humans participating in a monarchical societal structure refer to their rulers only as "Your Majesty". As a general rule of both grammar and respect, "My Tallest" is never pluralized, even when two Tallest rule in tandem.
Presently, the two current Almighty Tallest, Red and Purple, travel around to observe and supervise Operation Impending Doom II in the Massive, the largest and most powerful ship in the Irken Armada. It also serves as Red and Purple's personal vessel. While they appear to have a casual interest in expanding the Empire, as well as take great amusement from watching the process of such, the two are rather lazy and prefer to spend most of their time lounging around and/or eating junk food.
Although they are seen to have the ability to do anything that they please, it's likely that they really just don't want to do anything else, content with their already-leisurely condition of life.
Although they are the same species as their subjects, the Almighty Tallest differ from their subordinates in many ways other than height: They appear to only have two fingers (as opposed to the normal Irken amount of 3), and their waists are unnaturally thin.
Explaining the former, it was stated by the Invader Zim crew that when a Tallest is chosen, their thumbs are usually chopped off in order to prove that they can rule without them.
Role in Invader Zim
The Almighty Tallest hold near-omnipotent power in the Irken Empire and are practically worshipped by their subjects. They regularly appear at major events and gatherings, either playing a major role or simply providing their presence to raise morale.
For example, on an Irken holiday known as Probing Day, it's the duty of the Almighty Tallest to check up on all the Irken Invaders and ask them to conduct a presentation on how they plan to conquer their assigned planet.
However, as is to be expected, the generally-frivolous Red and Purple force the Invaders to instead do a puppet show on how they are going to conquer the planet. Failure to meet the Tallest's standards is met with punishment by whacking the individual on the head with mechanical mallets - referred to as a "pummeling". It's unknown how long this part of the tradition has been in place.
|21. "Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars":||Appears|
|22a. "Mortos der Soulstealer":||Absent||22b. "Zim Eats Waffles":||Absent|
|23a. "The Girl Who Cried Gnome":||Cameo||23b. "Dibship Rising":||Absent|
|24a. "Vindicated!":||Absent||24b. "The Voting of the Doomed":||Absent|
|25. "Gaz, Taster of Pork":||Absent|
|26. "The Frycook What Came from All That Space":||Appears|
|27. "The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever":||Cameo|
|1. "Roboparents Gone Wild":||Does Not Appear||2. "Simon Sez Doom":||Does Not Appear|
|3. "Invader Poonchy":||Does Not Appear||4. "Nubs of Doom":||Does Not Appear|
|5. "Ten Minutes to Doom":||Does Not Appear||6. "GIR's Big Day":||Unconfirmed|
|7. "Return of Keef":||Does Not Appear||8. "Day of da Spookies":||Does Not Appear|
|9. "Mopiness of Doom":||Does Not Appear||10. "Those!":||Unconfirmed|
|11. "Top of the Line":||Unconfirmed||12. "The Trial":||Confirmed|
|13. "It Feeds on Noodles":||Unconfirmed||14. "When Pants Ruled!":||Unconfirmed|
|15. "Squishy: Hugger of Worlds":||Unconfirmed|
|1. Issue 1:||Absent||2. Issue 2:||Appears|
|3. Issue 3:||Absent||4. Issue 4:||Appears|
|5. Issue 5:||Absent||6. Issue 6:||Absent|
|7. Issue 7:||Absent||8. Issue 8:||Absent|
|9. Issue 9:||Absent||10. Issue 10:||Absent|
|11. Issue 11:||Absent||12. Issue 12:||Appears|
|13. Issue 13:||Absent||14. Issue 14:||Absent|
|15. Issue 15:||Absent||16. Issue 16:||Absent|
|17. Issue 17:||Absent||18. Issue 18:||Appears|
|19. Issue 19:||Absent||20. Issue 20:||Absent|
|21. Issue 21:||Absent||22. Issue 22:||Absent|
|23. Issue 23:||Absent||24. Issue 24:||Absent|
|25. Issue 25:||Absent||26. Issue 26:||Absent|
|27. Issue 27:||Absent||28. Issue 28:||Appears|
|29. Issue 29:||Absent||30. Issue 30:||Absent|
|31. Issue 31:||Absent||32. Issue 32:||Absent|
|33. Issue 33:||Absent||34. Issue 34:||Absent|
|35. Issue 35:||Absent||36. Issue 36:||Absent|
|37. Issue 37:||Absent||38. Issue 38:||Absent|
|39. Issue 39:||Absent||40. Issue 40:||Absent|
|41. Issue 41:||Absent||42. Issue 42:||Absent|
|43. Issue 43:||Appears||44. Issue 44:||Absent|
|45. Issue 45:||Absent||46. Issue 46:||Absent|
|47. Issue 47:||Absent||48. Issue 48:||Absent|
|49. Issue 49:||Appears||50. Issue 50:||Absent|
|Q1. Quarterly 1:||Absent||Q2. Quarterly 2:||Absent|
|SP. Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus:||Appears|
List of Known Tallest
The following table displays every known tallest in the order they have ruled.
|Almighty Tallest Miyuki||Deceased †|
|Almighty Tallest Spork||Deceased †|
|Almighty Tallest Red||Incapacitated|
|Almighty Tallest Purple||Incapacitated|
Facts of Doom
- Despite Red and Purple being the leaders of the Irken Empire, they are never seen on Irk either doing their role in leading their people or working to shape morale.
- Red and Purple nearly died during "Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars", but unlike Tallest Miyuki and Tallest Spork who were killed by Zim, they were almost killed by Dib who flew the Massive towards a star.
- Jhonen Vasquez confirmed in Mexico Pixelatl 2019 that the Tallest are dead (for real this time), you can watch the video here.
- Despite Zim being the main antagonist of the show, the comics and the film, the Almighty Tallest are far more dangerous than he is as they have all the power of the Irken Empire on their hands and an immense military armada which they can use to ravage and conquer multiple worlds. Indeed, the Tallest are far more evil than Zim, who just wants to prove his worth as an Irken Invader.
- In Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus, despite retaining their comedic traits, the Almighty Tallest are more evil and depraved than in the series and comics. While in the show they disliked Zim and sometimes they didn't want to check up his "mission" to either focus on Operation Impending Doom II or eat snacks, when Zim contacts them after a long time the Tallest decide that they have had enough of him and resolve to blow up the Earth just to get rid of Zim once and for all despite that millions of innocent people would die as a result. But in the end, when the earth is saved by the Membrane family, the Tallest, along with the Irken Armada, accidentally and idiotically enter the Florpus.
- Purple has more lines than Red in the show.
- Irken Society
- Almighty Tallest and Zim's Relationship
- Almighty Tallest and Skoodge's Relationship
- Almighty Tallest Red and Almighty Tallest Purple's Relationship
- Almighty Tallest/Images
|Advisor • Almighty Tallest • Control Brain • Irken Elite • Fast Food Drone • Frylord • Irken Invader • Janitor • Navigator • Service Drone • Soldier|