|Born||February 5, 1973|
Danielle Koenig was born on February 5, 1973 in Los Angeles, California as Danielle Beth Koenig. Before working as a writer on Invader Zim, she was known for her work on The Craft (1996) Simon & Simon (1981) and after the series ended she became a story writer and staff writer on season 1 of Star vs. the Forces of Evil (2015).
Her first credit for was on "Hobo 13", which she co-wrote with Eric Trueheart. Her first time writing an episode by herself was in "Vindicated!", and had the series not been cancelled, we would have seen her other solo episodes "Mopiness of Doom" and "Return of Keef"; fortunately, the scripts and audios for those two episodes can still be found online.
Had the series not been cancelled it's possible she would've written more episodes either by herself or with other writers, but for the time being she has been credited for co-writing a few issues of the Invader Zim comic series.
- Aside from working as writer for the show, Danielle Koenig also provided the voices of both Crystal and Morla.
- In an interview with the writers, she said she identified with Gaz since she was the lead female character on the show. Coincidentally and paradoxically, Danielle was the lead female writer of the show but never wrote an episode for Gaz.
- She also believes that Zim isn't stupid, just ill-equipped to handle his duties as an Invader.
- According to the commentary of "Tak: The Hideous New Girl" she supports ZAGR, like Richard Horvitz and Melissa Fahn.
- She created the Plookesians and possibly Crystal's species.
- The episode she wrote, "Mopiness of Doom", was being worked on by a group called "Soapy Waffles" and although it was never completed, what was animated can be found online and thus is the only unfinished episode of the series that was partially done by the fans, which can be found here.
- She makes her only cameo of the show in "The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever."
- So far Danielle has only co-written Issue 15 and Issue 17 for the comic series and has yet to write an entire issue by herself.
- She is the daughter of Walter Koenig, best known for playing Pavel Chekov in Star Trek: The Original Series.