Girly Rangers are an organization that made their first appearance in "The Girl Who Cried Gnome". They are a cross of the Girl Scouts of America, and Power Rangers. They also appeared in the Invader Zim comic series, once in Issue 4 and again in Issue 17.
The most infamous of Girly Rangers is Moofy, who resorts to violence when citizens refuse to purchase the various types of cookies that Girly Rangers advertise. She rose to notoriety when her right foot got stuck in a hole in Zim's front lawn, spawning a brief but intense media circus.
One particular Girly Ranger, Greg, resembles a grown man, and has the strength of about a thousand. She appeared in "The Girl Who Cried Gnome".
Girls who are a part of Girly Rangers seem to have different-colored uniforms (such as red, blue, purple, yellow, and green) that may or may not be related to rank in the organization. Three other Rangers have displayed ninja-like abilities upon attacking Dib, using their cookies as ninja stars.
Facts of Doom
- The different colored uniforms of the Girly Rangers may be a spoof of Power Rangers, a show in which that Richard Steven Horvitz was also a cast member. He was the voice of the childlike, panicky robot Alpha 5.
- The Girly Rangers are reminiscent of the popular Cartoon Network show, The Powerpuff Girls, with the same signature colors (pink, baby blue, and bright green) and same hair colors (orange, blonde, and black). There is also a purple Girly Ranger who resembles the fourth member Bunny from the original 1998 show, who was created by Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup in the episode "Twisted Sister". Bunny was also a brunette, just like the purple Girly Ranger.
- The other Girly Ranger members were given names by fans - Millie for the blue one, Madelyn for the green one, and Mia for the purple one
- Not only is Moofy popular among the fandom, but so are the other rangers.
- The Girly Rangers have 73 Rules of Conduct. Zim was going to recite them with the other Girly Rangers before Dib interrupted them in Issue 17.