Happy Noodle Boy is a comic created by Nny, and read mainly by the "goth", "punk", or any otherwise dark and/or metal themed lifestyle with dark or twisted sense of humor.
Every issue of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac has an (at least) single-page insert of the Happy Noodle Boy comic, detailing the often completely nonsensical adventures of the title character (mostly senseless babbling, screaming obscenities, and getting shot). Happy Noodle Boy spends much of his time standing on a wooden soapbox in a park, yelling explicit nonsense at hapless pedestrians, often provoking his own death.
He appears in the backgrounds of many of the strips of the main storyline (the mall, the movie theatre, etc.), usually in crowd scenes, and pictures of him appear frequently in Squee's room. He also appeared in I Feel Sick #1 in a crowded dance floor. Johnny seems to be in the habit of leaving his drawings lying around.
It's believed that Happy Noodle Boy's name is a reference to Johnny's extraordinarily thin figure. In one particular comic, Johnny says that when he was young, other kids taunted him for this, calling him "Noodle Boy".
At one point it's mentioned that, while all Johnny can draw currently is Happy Noodle Boy, he used to be an artist of particular talent.
Facts of Doom
- According to Jhonen Vasquez, he created Happy Noodle Boy while attending Mount Pleasant, he started that, "So many years ago, my little romantical friend in high school was the unwitting reason Happy Noodle Boy was created. She always asked me for comics. But I couldn't draw as fast as she requested. Thus, I tried to create the worst abomination of a comic that I could, so as to make her not want comics anymore. That abomination, my friends, was Happy Noodle Boy".
- In the teaser for Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!, Gaz can be seen using a guitar that has Happy Noodle Boy's face on it.
- The face of Happy Noodle Boy appears on the covers of JTHM in place of the Slave Labour Graphics logo.
- Four strips of Happy Noodle Boy appear in Squee's Wonderful Big Giant Book Of Unspeakable Horrors.
- Vasquez himself is seen reading an issue of Happy Noodle Boy in the Invader Zim episode "The Wettening."
- The Irkens themselves use Happy Noodle Boy a part of their culture.