|Assignment||Blorch, home of the Slaughtering Rat People|
|Notable facts||Was the first to conquer his planet in Operation Impending Doom II.|
|First appearance||The Nightmare Begins|
|Voice Actor(s)|| Ted Raimi
Melissa Fahn (Invader Con script voice over)
Invader Skoodge is among the shortest Irken Invaders and possibly the most competent since not only was he the first one to finish his mission during Operation Impending Doom II but also survived the Slaughtering Rat People of Blorch.
However, despite his success as an Invader, Skoodge is hated by the Tallest for being "so short and ugly", most likely because his success proved that height has no effect on an Invader's competence.
Skoodge is a very short Irken, something that causes him to be looked down upon (both figuratively and literally) by the Tallest, and is considered ugly.
He wears a standard Irken Invader uniform, but with no horizontal stripes, which has several dark spots or stains on it, and wears pink gloves and boots rather than the usual black, although these changed to the standard black in "Hobo 13".
He has a wide, stubby body, similar to Zim's after stuffing himself with stolen organs in "Dark Harvest", and ruby eyes, though he had red-violet eyes in "The Nightmare Begins". He is also shown occasionally without a PAK (throughout the entirety of Hobo 13).
PersonalitySkoodge has shown that he can be very gullible, believing the Tallests' claim that they changed the tradition for Organic Sweep (the conquering Invader was launched from a cannon as part of the Organic Sweep as opposed to ordering the sweep to be commenced themselves).
He is nervous and seemingly afraid of the Tallest sometimes, choosing to be aware that Red and Purple despise him due to their cruel and uncaring height-based society, causing him to have a very mellow personality.
As mentioned above, being the first to take over a planet for Operation Impending Doom II indicates that Skoodge is indeed a skilled Invader, but this is never acknowledged by anyone due to his minimal size.
|1. "Roboparents Gone Wild":||Does Not Appear||2. "Simon Sez Doom":||Does Not Appear|
|3. "Invader Poonchy":||Does Not Appear||4. "Nubs of Doom":||Does Not Appear|
|5. "Ten Minutes to Doom":||Does Not Appear||6. "GIR's Big Day":||Unconfirmed|
|7. "Return of Keef":||Does Not Appear||8. "Day of da Spookies":||Confirmed|
|9. "Mopiness of Doom":||Does Not Appear||10. "Those!":||Unconfirmed|
|11. "Top of the Line":||Unconfirmed||12. "The Trial":||Confirmed|
|13. "It Feeds on Noodles":||Unconfirmed||14. "When Pants Ruled!":||Unconfirmed|
|15. "Squishy: Hugger of Worlds":||Unconfirmed||16. "Invader Dib":||Unconfirmed|
Skoodge was the last one called during "The Great Assigning" by the Tallest, a fitting thing since he is the shortest of the official Irken Invaders, he was given the mission to conquer planet Blorch, home of the Slaughtering Rat People.
Blorch was originally assigned to Invader Larb, but as Larb had increased in height, he was assigned to the planet Vort, and Blorch was given to Skoodge due to his aforementioned shortness. Much to the surprise of the Almighty Tallest, Skoodge became the first Invader to successfully conquer a planet in Operation Impending Doom II.
However, not wanting such a short Invader to be the poster boy of galactic conquest in a society discriminated against height, the Almighty Tallest convinced the gullible Skoodge that it had now become customary to fire conquering Invaders from the main cannon before the Armada commenced the Organic Sweep on their assigned planet.
After the real Skoodge had been ejected onto the surface of Blorch, Tallest Purple selected a taller candidate, Invader Grapa, to receive the glory for Skoodge's work.
Role in Invader Zim
Before Operation Impending Doom 2
Skoodge went to school with Zim, Red and Purple beneath Irk's surface. Zim hatched a plan to escape (which was against the rules), which Skoodge went along with, which resulted in them getting beaten up (possibly considered as a "pummeling") and expelled.
Post-Operation Impending Doom 2
Remarkably, Skoodge survived being shot into Blorch, and went on to test with Zim on Hobo 13, hoping for a promotion (Zim was there seeking the same goal). When Zim expesses surprise that Skoodge is alive, Skoodge simply says that he's "okay now."
Zim sacrificed Skoodge to the Hogulus during one of the trials in order to ensure his own safety, but, incredibly, Skoodge somehow survived again and made it to the Fortress of Pain, only to get dragged away once more by the Hogulus, this time with Sergeant Hobo 678 hitting him against the beast.
In the canceled episode "Day of Da Spookies", it was revealed that Skoodge had been living in Zim's basement ever since he destroyed Blorch. He helped Zim in his plan to discredit Dib, which, like most of Zim's plans, failed. The plan involved Zim dressing up as a ghost along with Minimoose and GIR, while in "Top of the Line" he assisted Zim so he could enter the SIR Unit tournament and presumably would have a role in defeating Tak but would have had his robot eliminated as GIR would win the competition.
In "Squishy: Hugger of Worlds", Skoodge played a major part in stopping Squishy from hugging Earth, which would have ruined Zim's mission. In the untitled season two finale, he and Zim would have gone to Meekrob and saved Invader Tenn, but it is unclear what would happen afterwards or if he would've made a final appearance in "Invader Dib."
Facts of Doom
- In "The Nightmare Begins", Skoodge has no lines, and therefore no voice actor. In "Battle of the Planets" and "Hobo 13 ", he is voiced by Ted Raimi.
- Originally in "Hobo 13", Skoodge was going to have to eat his own skin to survive. This was scrapped due to it looking too gross and the writers Eric Trueheart and Danielle Koenig thought it was "a bit too much" even by the show's standards.
- It was revealed that Skoodge survived on Blorch for over a year by eating some really nasty things.
- It's unknown which planet Skoodge was originally set to conquer before the Tallest gave him Invader Larb's mission, but it is generally agreed upon by fans that he could've been sent to Vort had Larb not gotten a height increase.
- Despite his status as an Invader, Skoodge seems to be easy going and isn't one to seek destruction, the total opposite of what is presumed to be a standard trait of his Invader peers. This makes Skoodge possible one of the few Irkens who isn't evil, in fact (similar to GIR) he may not even hate anyone.
- On the cover of the fourth DVD of the Invader Zim House Box Set, Skoodge is seen along with his SIR Unit as he planted the Irken Flag after conquering Blorch.
- It's unknown why Skoodge's SIR Unit never made an appearance in the show or even why he was not even mentioned in one of the completed episodes and scripts, however as mentioned above he was seen in the DVD cover alongside Skoodge as they conquered Blorch, this seems to suggest that his SIR Unit may have been destroyed by the Slaughtering Rat People but was rebuilt at some point before "Top of the Line".
- In the unfinished episode, "Day of Da Spookies", it's revealed that ever since he conquered Blorch, he has been living in Zim's basement (yet, somehow never trips the security system). He also would have continued to live with Zim, which would explain the story of the series finale, as Zim learns about the battle on Meekrob from him.
- It's mentioned by Zim in "Plague of Babies" that the Nhar-Gh'ok were too small for the security system to go off, which might have been how Skoodge got inside Zim's base without Zim knowing about it.
- In the commentary for "Zim Eats Waffles", It was revealed that Ted Raimi was very enthusiastic about voicing Skoodge and that Jhonen Vasquez was looking forward to making him much more of a regular, since he had planned for Skoodge to have a bigger role in future episodes.
- Ironically, Zim is aware that the Tallest hate Skoodge and want him out of their way, yet is oblivious to them feeling the same about him.
- He's occasionally seen without a PAK. However, this is likely a mistake on the part of the artists, as Skoodge is shown with his PAK in "Battle of the Planets", though it's again missing in "Hobo 13".
- On one of the InvaderCon 2014 posters, Skoodge can be seen trying to join Zim, GIR, and Minimoose on a platform.
- Ironically, Skoodge should be Zim's superior, not only because he is an actual Irken Invader, but because he's a few inches taller than Zim as seen in "The Nightmare Begins". However, he doesn't seem to abuse that power over Zim, probably because Skoodge doesn't have the backbone to be mean or he knows the feeling of being looked down upon all too well.
- Skoodge is the second character to have "died" on the show, the first being Dib since he was technically dead for about 30 seconds in "Bad, Bad Rubber Piggy".
- Skoodge is the closest thing Zim has to a best friend, although it's hard to tell, as Zim often abuses him, the same could be said for Dib as he too is an outcast.
- It's generally assumed by fans that Skoodge gets to know the people closest and most involved with Zim during his time on Earth, most likely having learned about Dib through Zim.
- As revealed in the unfinished episode "The Trial", Skoodge and Zim are not only the same age but they also went to school together at the Irken Military Training Area Underground.
- Comicbook colorist Fred Stressing made a comment that Skoodge is the only character that Nickelodeon has not provided the rights to use in the comic series. However, the context could make it possible that he was only joking.
- While still not appearing in person, Skoodge is eventually mentioned in Issue 46, when GIR mentions him alongside Tak as the Irkens other than Zim who have come to Earth. However, Zim doesn't remember this, in a possible acknowledgement by the writers of the fact that the canonicity of the unfinished episodes is questionable.
- List of Irken Invaders
- Invader Skoodge and Zim's Relationship
- Invader Skoodge and Almighty Tallest Relationship
- Invader Skoodge:Screenshots
|Characters of Invader Zim|
|Zim • GIR • Dib Membrane • Gaz Membrane|
|Almighty Tallest Purple • Almighty Tallest Red • Ms. Bitters • Professor Membrane|
|Invader Skoodge • Keef • Minimoose • Tak • President Man • Roboparents • Lard Nar • Skool Principal|
|Adult Dib • Old Kid • Hobo • Alan • Meef • Skoolchildren|
|Mortos der Soulstealer • Sergeant Slab Rankle • Sergeant Hobo 678 • Shadow Hog • Chickenfoot • Sizz-Lorr • Gashloog • Willy • Iggins • Walton Chunky • Pigboy|
|Louie • Digestor • Almighty Tallest Spork • Almighty Tallest Miyuki • Bloody GIR • Cthulu • Cybernetic Kitten • Dinky • Little Timmy|
|Invader Alexovich • Invader Chin • Invader Dooky • Invader El • Invader Flobee • Invader Gooch • Invader Grapa • Invader Groot • Invader Kim • Invader Koot • Invader Krunk • Invader Larb • Invader Lardnar • Invader Nen • Invader Pesto • Invader Poot • Invader Sklud • Invader Skoo • Invader Skoodge • Invader Skutch • Invader Slacks • Invader Slant • Invader Sneakyonfoota • Invader Spleen • Invader Sploodge • Invader Sqood • Invader Stink • Invader Tenn • Invader Tim •Tak• Invader Yoogli • Invader Yuli • Invader Zee • Zim|