| If I could find the manufacturer of this "candy", I would control all of Earth's children and have a fighting force that could take down an entire planet of Gloobian warbeasts!|
|Invader Zim Issue|
|Publication date:||October 31, 2018|
|Story by:|| Tait Howard|
|Art by:|| Tait Howard|
|Color by:|| Tait Howard|
Halloween! All Hallow’s Eve! Scare-Topia 2000! Whatever you call October 31st, ZIM doesn’t quite understand it. All he knows is that the candy given out on this terrible day must have some kind of mind-control substance inside of it (that he will, of course, exploit for world-taking-over purposes). When his investigation leads him to an abandoned factory and a band of feral children living off its sweet, sweet reserves, he’ll learn the hard way that some things are better left unknown.
Issue 36 was released on October 31, 2018.
- Matthew Seely with Tait Howard standard retail cover
- Sornig variant cover
Characters in Issue #36 (In Order of Appearance)
SPOILER WARNING OF DOOM: This section or article may contain spoilers!
While the trick-or-treaters egg Zim's house, he studies the candy, convinced that it has mind control properties he can use to conquer the Earth. Finding that the candy is made by the Dilby corporation, he and GIR go to their apparently abandoned factory. Exploring the factory, Zim only finds some old equipment, and fails to notice he's being stalked by mysterious figures. They eventually confront him in an office space, revealing themselves to be children in Halloween costumes. They attempt to take Zim prisoner, chasing him across the factory before finally catching him on the main floor.
The children's leader, Gurmy, orders Zim bound and takes him to Doolan Dilby's office, while explaining how his group came to inhabit the abandoned factory. Two months earlier, the factory was operational and prosperous, but then Dilby started experimenting with forbidden kinds of candy. This led to a horrible accident, after which Dilby was never heard from again and the factory was shut down, only for Gurmy to break into it in search of Dilby's secrets. Story complete, Gurmy and the other children finish bringing Zim to Dilby's office, revealing that Dilby was transformed into a giant mound of candy known as Candyclops. Gurmy then declares that as punishment for breaking into the factory, Zim and GIR will be forced to feed on Candyclops' candy flesh forever. GIR is happy to do this, and soon has consumed all of Candyclops, growing to an immense size in the process. This leads to the children declaring GIR the new Candyclops and praising him. Meanwhile Zim, who was force-fed the candy, is left sick and in pain.
End of Spoilers: There are no further spoilers for this section or article. You can breathe now.
Facts of Doom
- GIR feasting on so much candy he becomes huge and bloated is similar to what happened to him in "Halloween Spectacular of Spooky Doom".
- Doolan Dilby appears to be a parody of Willy Wonka.
- One of the children in the factory is dressed like Luke Skywalker as he appeared in the original Star Wars film.
- The children in the factory saw Zim out of disguise but because it was Halloween, they most likely thought he was wearing an alien costume.
- Despite Zim already experiencing Halloween, he is still unaware of trick or treating.
- Dib did not appear in this issue but Recap Kid mentioned him in the beginning and made fun of his big head.
- Goof: Dilby's name is misspelled as "Dibly" in the second panel of page 8.
|Issues of Invader Zim|
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27 • 28 • 29 • 30 • 31 • 32 • 33 • 34• 35• 36• 37• 38• 39• 40|