|Gender||Technically genderless, portrayed as a female.|
|First Appearance||Tak: The Hideous New Girl|
MiMi is an upgraded SIR Unit that belongs to Tak. Built out of scrap on the planet Dirt, MiMi is more advanced than other Invaders' SIR units, and is more capable than most others as well. In her disguised form, she resembles a lithe black cat with long, grey segmented ears, a crescent-shaped tail, and gleaming red eyes.
Despite her upgrades, however, MiMi still proved to be vulnerable when Gaz doused her with Poop Cola. MiMi's memory disk fell out as she fled, which contained the data that allowed Zim, GIR, Dib, and Gaz to foil Tak's plan.
At the end of "Tak: The Hideous New Girl", GIR and Gaz used this memory disk to take remote control of MiMi's brain, and, with the deranged GIR acting as the puppeteer, made Tak's SIR wreak havoc on the would-be Invader's ship, hindering her plan.
It appears that Tak was forced to dismantle her robot in order to regain control, as MiMi's parts were seen floating in the cockpit of her escape pod after the battle.
"Tak: The Hideous New Girl" was the only appearance MiMi made in the series, although she would have reappeared beside Tak in "Top of the Line".
MiMi is incredibly strong, agile, and shockingly fast; frequently appearing as a streak of dark blue. However, since her feline disguise is activated by a holographic projector, this can only be done in cat form. Without her disguise, MiMi has a large, extendable claw that replaces her right arm, which she once used with great power to hurl GIR into the Voot Cruiser.
Unlike normal SIR Units, MiMi seems to be incapable of speech. However, she did make sounds parroting GIR's voice when he was remotely controlling her.
It is possible that MiMi can send out shockwaves, seen as she spun in Zim's front lawn, decapitating Zim's lawn gnomes (and GIR). However, she was moving so fast during this moment, she may have simply severed the gnomes with her claw.
Like other SIR units, she appears to be able to store things in her head, as she unleashed a swarm of micro-explosives from it to destroy Zim's base.
Being a robot, MiMi technically has no gender; but from what the show has revealed, SIR Units are typically 'given' genders by their masters.
Facts of Doom
- It's never stated that MiMi was built by Tak, but it is implied by the fact that Tak likewise made her ship out of scrap metal on planet Dirt to escape her post.
- It's unclear why Tak would give her SIR Unit a human name, though it has been shown that Irkens can be given human like names as seen with Kim, Tim and Bob, so it's possible MiMi's name is also of Irken origin.
- Despite being such a minor character, MiMi has garnered a large number of fans in the Invader Zim community. Among other things, she is often shipped as GIR's love interest.
- It is unknown if MiMi went back to normal after Tak's defeat, as she was still seen with blue eyes when she was dismantled, meaning she was still under GIR's malfunctioning influence. However, as seen with "GIR Goes Crazy and Stuff", SIR Units can be locked in Duty Mode, so it's possible she was fixed at a later time.
- In the very same episode, it is explained by GIR in duty mode that there is a code that enables a SIR Unit's free will in the event that they and their master's mission is under threat. This was seen with Mimi as she destroyed Zim's Base without Tak ordering her to, and was also about to attack Gaz. This is interesting, as MiMi is clearly more advanced than other SIR Units and not an official Invader assistant, but still bound by the Irken laws of robotics.
- It's clearly unknown what happened to her after Tak was captured and sent to Moo-Ping 10, but seeing as she was captured, it's possible Mimi was confiscated by the Gellaxis.