|Men hide behind furniture! Women spit loogies of terror! Animals void their bowels at the sight OF MORTOS DER SOULSTEALER!!!
— Mortos der Soulstealer
|Mortos der Soulstealer|
|First Appearance||Mortos der Soulstealer|
|Voice Actor||Wally Wingert|
Mortos der Soulstealer is a demon warlock from the "spooky realm" who is released every thousand years when Taoola and Charcunga are aligned. He is obligated to grant one human a wish every thousand years before returning to his dimension, and was befriended by Dib for this reason. However, Mortos claimed that in order to use his catastrophic powers, he must recharge (by ridiculous means).
These include hugging puppies, consuming huge quantities of food from MacMeaties, and clothes shopping.
Although Dib intended to use Mortos to steal Zim's soul and finally finish him, the plan backfired when a passerby wished for ice cream. Mortos granted his wish, and departed to the spooky realm. The ice cream was soon discarded upon the revelation that it contained raisins.
Before he became evil, he used to have a friend who sang to him, but broke his heart. Dib also described Mortos as being a mooch, since he had to pay for all of Mortos' "recharging" of his life force.
He seems to enjoy the feel of tombstones on his face, and wears boxer shorts with hearts on them. He also hates the "Ancient Pamphlet" that binds him to wish-granting. His only friends are the dark energy of the universe and a girl named Darlene, though he once had a friend who sang to him often, but broke his heart.
The only episode that Mortos der Soulstealer appeared in or was mentioned is the one that shares his name.
Facts of Doom
- Mortos was voiced by Wally Wingert who voices Tallest Red.
- His voice was based on "[the crew's] in-office Mortiis impersonations".
- Since he is obligated to grant one mortal a wish, if Zim had been aware of the power the soul stealer had, he would have wished for world domination, although it's unknown if Mortos would have granted him the wish seeing as he isn't human but still a mortal.
- Mortos made a cameo appearance in TruthShrieker (Issue 0) on the "classifieds" section. He's apparently looking for a date.
- According to Eric Trueheart's book, Mortos was originally going to turn out to not be a supernatural entity, but just a failed musician pretending to be one as a new gimmick. Dib would have only realized this at the end of the episode when Mortos failed to take Zim's soul, and would have beaten Mortos up as revenge for conning him.
|Characters of Invader Zim|
|Zim • GIR • Dib Membrane • Gaz Membrane|
|Almighty Tallest Purple • Almighty Tallest Red • Ms. Bitters • Professor Membrane|
|Invader Skoodge • Keef • Minimoose • Tak • President Man • Roboparents • Lard Nar • Skool Principal|
|Adult Dib • Old Kid • Hobo • Alan • Meef • Skoolchildren|
|Mortos der Soulstealer • Sergeant Slab Rankle • Sergeant Hobo 678 • Shadow Hog • Chickenfoot • Sizz-Lorr • Gashloog • Willy • Iggins • Walton Chunky • Pigboy|
|Louie • Digestor • Almighty Tallest Spork • Almighty Tallest Miyuki • Bloody GIR • Cthulu • Cybernetic Kitten • Dinky • Little Timmy|