|First Appearance||Issue 1|
Recap Kid was introduced in the very first issue of the Invader Zim comics as a way to inform the reader of the plot of Invader Zim if they haven't seen the animated series (which Recap Kid calls a "puppet show") or haven't read the previous issue.
Recap Kid is a hyperactive, exaggerated parody of the Invader Zim fanbase. They share the same views as many of the fans (e.g. fondness of GIR, and the negative reaction to Dib's obscure change in eye color in the first issue). Recap Kid claims to be an expert on Invader Zim, like many fans would. They have appeared in every issue of the comic series so far.
Recap Kid has brown skin and short dark brown hair styled into a pixie cut. They have big blue eyes and wear a pink hoodie. Ever since Jhonen made this character, their gender is undefined. Jhonen is quoted as saying, "He (or she? I never specified and [Aaron Alexovich]‘s art keeps it mysterious) is an expert on all things ZIM so you’re in good hands there."
- Jhonen Vasquez once said that Recap Kid's heart would explode from hyperactivity before reaching adulthood. 
- Recap Kid appeared outside of their usual formatting for the first time in Issue 3, where they interact with the Invader Zim world in outer space, wearing a pink space suit, and giving a recap of the previous issue. However, the moment didn't last more than a single panel, as Recap Kid was ultimately hit by Zim's ship, catapulting them farther into outer space, screaming.
- Issue 6 also breaks Recap Kid's usual format somewhat. While they don't appear within the Invader Zim world itself, they do appear in several panels, rather than lining up in several poses in a single panel, as in most other issues.
- In Issue 12, it is revealed that Recap Kid is allergic to hot dog buns.
- It is revealed in Issue 16 that Recap Kid is scared of quite a few things: heights, weights, gyms, yoga mats, dogs, dogs on leashes, dogs on roller skates, dogs on roller blades, dogfights, hotdogs, flesh-eating hot dog viruses, and changes of the art style in the Invader ZIM comic.
- Due to the number of dog-related fears, Recap Kid may have cynophobia.
- Recap Kid states in Issue 18 that they hold their breath the entire time between the release of each issue.
- So far, Recap Kid and Zim are the only two characters to have appeared in every issue of the comics.
- Recap Kid is the first character in Invader Zim canon to ever break the fourth wall. To date, the only others to do this are the Roboparents, as a quick gag at the start of Issue 23 when they tell Dib that he's not in that issue, and Dib himself in Issue 31, when he makes a reference to the page panels.
- Recap Kid has claimed that they rewatch all Invader Zim episodes in between releases of new issues of the comic.
- When asked if Recap Kid is a girl, Megan Lawton, whose instagram name is Din0lich, replied "Recap Kid is a kid".
- Recap Kid claims in Issue 29 that they make up their recaps as they go along.
- Issue 30 is to date the only issue where Recap Kid doesn't give a recap, due to one being provided within the issue by Dib's narration.
- It was confirmed by Jhonen Vasquez at San Diego comic-con during the Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus! panel that Recap Kid was originally intended to be an in-series character and would’ve been the only character who believed in Dib that applauded him for his ideas, but for the sake of hilarity, only in the context that his ideas were fake.
- Recap Kid mentions in Issue 35 that they don't like mayonnaise.
- In Issue 38, Recap Kid reveals that they carry around all previous issues of the comic series in a briefcase, but not all the time, which is why it's never been seen before.
- Issue 40, uniquely among the comic series, features Recap Kid as a central character, as a "cosmic mistake" sends them to the place outside the universe. They then, with the aid of Recap Brain, view several universes while trying to find the right one to return Recap Kid to.
- The beginning of Issue 41 shows that Recap Kid is traumatized by the events of Issue 40, with them wanting to pretend that that issue never happened.
- Main article: Recap Kid/Gallery