"Squishy: Hugger of Worlds" is an unfinished episode of Invader Zim.
SPOILER WARNING OF DOOM: This section or article may contain spoilers!
Only an outline exists for this episode, but it would have involved a gargantuan alien named Squishy who expresses his joy by hugging planets. Unfortunately, this act of love ends with the destruction of that planet. When Squishy heads for Earth for another hugging session, Dib is worried about the fate of his planet, and Zim, as usual, is afraid that if the Earth is destroyed by someone other than him, he won't be an official Invader, so he and Dib compete to stop Squishy. Other plot points involved Zim wanting to try to make Squishy hug the sun instead, while an armada of the remains of races of the planets he's destroyed want to blow up Squishy's next target, just to make him sad.
- It's likely that the title and main character of this episode is a reference to the Fantastic Four enemy Galactus the Devourer of Worlds, who was an ally of the Silver Surfer in the Marvel Comics.
- This is the sixth time Zim has saved the Earth. The first time was in "Planet Jackers". The second was in "Hamstergeddon", the third was in "Lice" the fourth in "Tak: The Hideous New Girl", and the fifth would've been in "Invader Poonchy".
- During InvaderCON III, it was revealed by Eric Trueheart that this episode was the one being written just before they found out about the cancellation.
- On his website, Eric Trueheart had hinted, albeit not confirmed, that Squishy was going to be killed at the end of the episode, by saying "Ah Squishy. You died too young". He may, however, have been referencing the fact that the series was cancelled right after the episode began writing.
- According to Trueheart's book The Medium-Sized Book of Zim Scripts: Vol 1: Pigs 'n' Waffles, the original ending for this episode would have had Dib convincing Squishy to leave Earth by telling him no one likes him, leaving him to drift off sadly. But executives at Nickelodeon found this ending too "mean", so it was changed to instead have Zim convincing Squishy to leave Earth alone peacefully, to Dib's annoyance at Zim being the hero.