SPOILER WARNING OF DOOM: This section or article may contain spoilers!
This episode was to shed light on Zim's past (and a small bit of the Tallests', too). Throughout it, all the destruction Zim caused prior to Operation Impending Doom I is revealed, including plunging Irk into darkness twice, killing two leaders (Almighty Tallest Miyuki and Almighty Tallest Spork), and destroying a substantial amount of Irk's surface.
In the end, all the bad data from Zim's PAK would have caused the Control Brains to declare Zim the "Most Incredible Irken Ever" and let him drive the Massive for ten minutes, much to the Tallests' dismay.
End of Spoilers: There are no further spoilers for this section or article. You can breathe now.
Facts of Doom
- This would have been the fourth time that other Irkens landed on Earth.
- When Zim claims when he becomes the next "Tallest", he is clearly foreshadowing his future status in the unfinished/unplot film "Invader Dib".
- It's revealed that Zim, Skoodge, Red, and Purple are all the same age, only that the Tallest, as their name implies, were taller than Skoodge and Zim even when they were younger.
- It's revealed that Irk has had at least one female Tallest.
- GIR managed to conquer Earth in one day and shows he becomes a much better Invader than Zim and, unlike Zim, GIR is apparently a benevolent leader as humans seem to greatly respect him.
- It's probably safe to assume that Dib is the reason as to why GIR was overthrown, but this is never outright stated.
- This episode would have shown why Zim became such a problem. But it doesn't exactly show how he became a problem.
- In this episode, Zim is revealed to be responsible for both previous Tallests' demise.
- It also would have been revealed that Zim actually did attain the rank of Invader on Devastis.
- The Horrible Cartoon Kid character is a possible parody of another Nickelodeon character, Jimmy Neutron, from The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, as his design bears a striking resemblance to him.
- In InvaderCON II, Rodger Bumpass used his Professor Membrane voice to tell Gaz the story before Eric Trueheart took over.
- We find out that the giant robot Zim used in the series premiere "The Nightmare Begins" is called The Frontline BattleMech IV.
- Again, we see Zim hugging the robot arm during his flashback from "Parent Teacher Night."
- This would have been the second time Zim piloted the Massive since "Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars".